1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spitzer free of charges

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Nov 6, 2008.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Rules and Laws against prostitution are stupid.

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Tell that to the Steamroller, the one-man anti-prostitution band.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2007/01/31/ny_gov_spitzer_stands_by_steamroller_boast/

If this were a guy who had messed up and visited a prostitute since his wife was sick and he didn't want to Gingrich/McCain her, I'd feel a lot differently. But the guy's stance toward prostitution and subsequent use of call girls puts him on the same pedestal with Teddy Haggard, Bob Livingston and the rest of the family values hypocrites.

3. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Oh, this guy is a douche to the 10th degree. I'm just voicing my opinion that prostitution is something the government has no right criminalizing.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Criminalization must be limited to those who provide illegal, organized vice for profit.

To reach further puts us all on a very slippery slope.

5. Just to be clear.
    You can indeed frame a guilty man, and Spitzer was an arrogant hypocrite straight out of Sinclair Lewis or Dickens.
    But, holy hell, the federal case against him now reeks.

Draft saved Draft deleted