1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spinal Tap Reunion

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Captain_Kirk, Apr 25, 2007.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Don't worry, Boston isn't a college town

No!!! We are not going to do friggin Stonehenge!!!

Mime is money.

This is the cheap way out, but I there are just so many quotes...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088258/quotes

True story...

When I was in college I had to take a visual media class (how to tell a good photo, etc...) and somehow film study got lumped into the class. This was back in 1993.

Well I remember my professor saying "We do not have enough time to finish Citizen Kane, but for the next two days we will be watching This is Spinal Tap."

Well we watched it and had a quiz over it, 300-level class mind you, and I remember the question "St. Hubbins is the Patron Saint of..." answer d. quality footwear

Well there was some guy who got like a d or a c on the quiz and just melted down in class.

"I cannot believe you had us take a quiz over this stupid movie. This is college. I cannot believe I am watching something about the stupidest guys I have ever seen in my life."

The professor was just eating this up.

I raised my and asked if I could take this one. I then explained that these are made up characters. They were not real at all.

God, I love state schools and my Alama Mater.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Great, great line. That was just one of the awesome cameos in that movie: Paul Shaffer, Bruno Kirby, Fred Willard. Even Fran Drescher looked hot in that little number she was cavorting around that party in.

3. I find mandolin strings in Austin in the middle of the night!

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Spinal Tap is not real.
    There is no Easter Bunny, either.
    Have a nice day.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I am not managing it with you or any other woman, especially one that dresses like an Australian’s nightmare. So fuck you!!!

6. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Hoggwood: The summer camp for pale young boys.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

If there was sex and drugs I could do without the rock and roll now, couldn't I?

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I have a friend that quotes this incessantly. I'm guessing it's time to watch it.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Be sure to notice how the cold sore bounces from band member to band member.

"How can I leave this behind?"

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

"I'm just as God made me, sir"

So, is this the end or are you going to try and milk it some more in Europe?"

"I'm sure I'd feel a lot worse if I weren't so heavily sedated"

11. Matt Foley

Matt Foley Member

This one goes to eleven...

12. John

John Well-Known Member

Listen, to what the flower people say.

Draft saved Draft deleted