1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sperm ... Bank

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Kansas man donates his sperm to lesbians. Everyone signs papers agreeing that his donation is goo, and goo only -- zero child support. But because he didn't donate in the proper fashion, a judge ruled he must pay child support. I wonder if the women knew that ahead of time and trapped him into the donation knowing a judge would void the contract.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/kansas-judge-man-who-provided-sperm-to-lesbian-couple-must-pay-child-support/

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

But it isn't the women who are suing. It's the state, which has given the women $6,000 already in public assistance because of the child.

Also, the whole case hinges on the fact that they didn't use a licensed physician. You go through all that and you don't use a doctor? I don't get it. When I first read the story, I thought they had maybe skipped the "artificial" part of artificial insemination.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Right, the women are not suing. Maybe they're savvy that way and knew what would happen. Highly unlikely, but it would be funny if that was their scheme.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Fathers are more than goo

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The poor kid is going to have a high forehead when he grows up.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I thought this thread was about a raunchy question on The Weakest Link.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

You missed the reason:

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Or a beloved ex-Cub.

9. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Artificial insemination is expensive, as the version of the story I read noted.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

\
    Think how expensive the alternative is: geting a lesbian drunk enough to sleep with you.

11. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Turkey baster is $9.99 at Bed Bath & Beyond.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

It was Kansas. He should have argued the kid was an immaculate conception

Draft saved Draft deleted