1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spell-check horror #18,441

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by sirvaliantbrown, Apr 7, 2009.

1. DKIA

DKIA Member

Damn. All your shits make my poop fly look pale in comparison.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

A buddy of mine told me about a baseball story at his paper that mentioned a guy hitting a home run on a 3-2 count.....except "count" was missing the first vowel. Ouch. :eek:

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Oh. My.

I had to stop an SE from publishing "shutout," only he hit the "i" instead of the "u." We assumed his regularity was fine before he took the mound.

4. times38

times38 Member

my local rag once ran a story about the Girl Scout's fart free cookies

5. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

This thread is making me laugh out loud.

I was typing too fast once and combined thought wrong into one word in a quote. Thank god the ASE caught it, or we would have had a very high-strung coach complaining that everyone thought he was talking about his star player's thongs in a story.

Getting "shit" in the paper (haha) is common. I was so paranoid that by last baseball season I searched for it before I filed.

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I have doubts about this one. Nevermind the typo. Would any paper actually refer to the tournament, no matter if that really was its name, as "CLIT"? I don't think so. Gotta call bullshit, Freddie.

7. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted