1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sparty football players storm a dorm, slap women, assorted mayhem, etc.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Misdemeanors are removed from your record no later than seven years after sentencing. And if you're, say, 26 and someone sees an MIP from six years ago, they're not going to mind. Sounds like you plead not guilty and got the prosecutor's office to wiggle on an MIP, a charge where there isn't much wiggle room.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

No. I was not charged with an MIP. I was arrested for an MIP, but I took the plea deal which meant no drinking for 90 days, all that other crap and the charge being removed.

If I had bought or drank alcohol, I would have gone to jail for 90 days. Meanwhile, Chris L. Rucker bought and drank alcohol, got in a car. Backed into another car, got a DUI, spent 10 days in jail, and got out yesterday. Dantonio is letting him play Saturday.

3. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Of course Dantonio is letting him play. Saturday's game at Iowa is a key to the Sparties' Big Ten hopes, especially since they don't play the Buckeyes.

Why is Rucker's probation officer letting him travel out of state right after being sprung from the hoosegow?

And, how many chances is too many? He was on probation and still make the terrible choice to drink and drive.

What a dumba--.

4. TimmyP

TimmyP Member

I can't get over Dantonio coming up with a different, convenient definition of "zero tolerance." Instead of "zero tolerance" for the player, it's now "zero tolerance" for what he did, so he's punished. I don't care if you're a dirty coach, and I don't care if you're a hard-line disciplinarian. Just be honest and don't pretend to be something you're not.

He's going to let Rucker decide if he makes the trip and if he plays? And he let the "players council" decide on reinstating Rucker? Sure, Dantonio's got a real good handle on that team.

I hope they lose by 90 on Saturday.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Bible Beater Dantonio of course covered himself in gooey sanctimony when he announced (as if anybody couldn't have guessed it) that another thug was going to be allowed to walk straight out of jail and back onto the field.

Lahhh de fucking dah. Praissse dah Lawwd!!!

Have another heart attack, dipshit.

Oh, he also adds the disingenuous horseshit that Rucker himself will decide whether and how much he will play, depending how he "feels" at game time. (Chicken-shitting out of any accountability for how much he does or doesn't play -- it's all up to Rucker!)

Funny for a guy endlessly slurped upon by his sack-lickers in the media as a rock-solid disciplinarian. On most football teams I have ever heard of, the coaching staff (i.e. the head coach) decides playing time; it isn't left up to how the players "feel."

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

A Spartan tradition, like no other.

7. Calvin Hobbes

Calvin Hobbes Member

Wow, thank goodness you're not overreacting or anything.

8. Starman

Shake your pom poms, sparty.

9. Calvin Hobbes

Calvin Hobbes Member

You could not be farther off base, Starman.

10. Starman

Dean of Discipline Dantonio puts his thug in the game just in time to get scorched for a long-bomb TD.

Eat shit thugs.

11. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Karma's a bitch....Or is it the Spartans being the Spartans and peeing their pants in the big games?

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

No crime will go punished in East Lansing. Dantonio reinstates player who was found guilty of concealing and receiving stolen property.

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/article/20110328/GW01/103280337/Michigan-State-football-reinstates-tight-end-Dion-Sims?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports

BTW, in case you missed it a few weeks ago. Two more State players were arrested for underage drinking, assaulting people, and eluding the police. GO TEAM!

http://www.statenews.com/index.php/article/2011/03/2_msu_football_players_arrested_in_colorado

Draft saved Draft deleted