1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sparty football players storm a dorm, slap women, assorted mayhem, etc.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Nov 24, 2009.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I have never heard the "Oh, if Tom Izzo could only beat the Badgers, then his resume would be complete."

2. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

I hate these kinds of stories. There are 100 players on the football team. If you can't say which football players were there, and if no one's been arrested, why is it OK to condemn the entire group?

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The reader comments following the the story of very entertaining.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

See LAX - Duke

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

It was a joke dude. And a good one, because Bo Ryan always has his number.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Izzo might be the best college coach in the country, basketball or football, and somehow Ryan cannot seem to keep Sparty from freeking living in the Final Four and the Elite Eight.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

That's just a really dumb comment.

Anyway, Izzo is 16-14 lifetime against Wisconsin. He was 12-3 against Wisconsin before Bo Ryan started coaching the Badgers. So that would make Izzo 4-11 against Ryan. Not saying Izzo isn't a great coach. He's just not a great coach against Bo Ryan. I stand by my joke.

8. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

I hope a duel to defend the honor of the joke is not next.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

And getting beat by 30, except when the refs, the NCAA seeding committee and Kenyon Martin's broken leg decide it's time to gold-plate his way to a fluke national title.

Latest on the riot -- more charges possible:

http://www.detnews.com/article/20091125/SPORTS0202/911250327/MSU-boots-Roderick-Jenrette-and-Glenn-Winston-from-football-team/?imw=Y

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Since Winston and Jenrette have been booted from the team, the initial reports appear to be correct.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I'm curious as to how many people of the 15-20, were on the football team. I'm sure there are more than two in the group.

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Winston and Jenrette are huge morons. They were easily identified for two reasons.

1. Winston is 6 weeks removed from ACL surgery and is on crutches.
    2. Jenrette has a broken foot and was wearing a protective boot.

Moreover, I could barely walk 6 weeks after my ACL surgery, I could not imagine trying to start a fight.

Get a brain, morans.

Draft saved Draft deleted