1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sparkling Wiggles

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rhody31, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

This is, well ... just watch. This girl can't really speak so well.

BadgerBeer likes this.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

WTF is wrong with those parents?

I mean, aside from being racists. Who thinks it's a good idea to film your kid saying that and then put it on YouTube?

3. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I don't think they're necessarily racist. I think they noticed their kid saying words she's definitely not supposed to without actually saying them, and they thought it would be funny to tape it. There are plenty of videos of kids swearing when they're trying to say words that aren't bad.
    I agree that putting that online was a terrible idea.

4. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

This is the ultimate d_b, I would assume.

Added: March 31, 2008
    Views: 1,924,498

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I might agree with that, if they weren't prompting the kid to say "Get a job (sparkling wiggles)."

6. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

I'm with Inky. Every parent has had that experience of your kid saying something where the language/sentiment/timing is wrong, but the way they say it is really funny. You're dying laughing with your back turned to the kid while you try to assume Stern Parental Face, so you can hit them with some variant of "I do not expect to ever hear you say that again."

I don't hear one particle of that in these parents.

7. KG

KG Active Member

There's nothing wrong with snickering about a child that sounds like they are cussing, when in fact they are not, but in this case it's very distasteful.

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Those parents are complete assholes for exploiting their kid this way for laughs. The kid is innocent, has no clue what she's saying, but now she's gonna grow up with people remembering her as the little kid who screamed "get a job ..... ....." to the world on the net. Racist idiot parents.

9. markvid

markvid Guest

One of my kids tries to say fish and it comes out sounding exactly like bitch.
    I make her do it 20 times a day.

10. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Uh, if you think posting it on youtube is bad, how about getting its own page.

http://www.sparklingwiggles.net/

And the parents prompting her are terrible. Such a cute kid, though.

11. Saint Lou

Saint Lou Member

Reminds me of this NSFW youtube clip:

http://www.thedirty.com/?p=42568

(Hope this isn't a DB)

12. markvid

markvid Guest

I just went to the site.
    Why are there 4 black guys up top?
    The parents are racist scum.

Draft saved Draft deleted