1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

South Park Season Premiere

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Oct 8, 2008.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I too thought this episode was subpar, but more because I thought they went way overboard with the IJ stuff. Ok, we get it, they "raped" IJ. Now need to stretch out a joke that badly. I laughed the first time but the last two and the overdramatic ending of said storyline wasn't close to the standards this show has set.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Damn Mongorians!

[​IMG]

3. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

I said the second one was the worst ever too. I can't laugh at breast cancer jokes. The only funny part on the whole episode was when he took a shit on the teacher's desk.

4. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Dude, an episode like the second one comes every few runs of the show where Cartman gets his due.
    That way, Cartman gets his ass beat and then he can return next week and be a complete shit with the karma scales returned to balance.
    Anyway, it wasn't a ground-breaking episode, but it was one that they likely had in the works for a while, with this episode being one that they could get a break if they had something to do that was more important, which I wonder what it was being so early in the run.
    I'm sure it will be explained when the DVD set comes out.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Even last season, it would be a great one, followed by a sub-par one.

Still waiting for another great one.

At least it's still relevant though. I lost interest in The Simpsons about five years ago and the movie was colossally overrated.

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Breast cancer jokes = not funny. Cartman's gangsta pose, cleaned-up appearance at Wendy's house with his mom and Butters' lines = funny. Cartman shitting on the desk = gut-bustingly hilarious.

Indy/PF Chang's episode: D-
    This week's episode: B-

7. Mizzougrad96

There are very few things that are not funny under any circumstances.

Breast cancer is at the top of that list.

I think South Park as a whole is one of the funniest shows of all-time, but last week's episode may have been the one where I laughed the least, the only time being when Cartman took a dump on Garrison's desk.

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Wasn't that kind of the point? Cartman was the only one that thought it was funny

9. Mizzougrad96

I guess... There are plenty of times I've watched that show and laughed at something that I know I shouldn't be laughing at and that's part of the beauty of the show.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Well, this was the same thing.

11. Mizzougrad96

Except, this episode wasn't funny.

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

When Parker and Stone made Bigger, Longer & Uncut and Team America, the show struggled. So I wonder if they are working on a new movie.

Draft saved Draft deleted