1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

South Park crosses the line....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by NDub, Oct 27, 2006.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yes, I think that would do it for me.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Naked boys on leashes? Yeah, I'm glad I stopped watching. That's not even trying to be funny. That's just seeing how much shit they can get away with.

3. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

The great part is, you can't dismiss Parker and Stone as these evil liberals trashing our culture, either. These guys definitely lean Republican - if you doubt me, check out "Team America: World Police."

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I don't know if they so much lean Republican (which wouldn't be a shock, they are from Colorado) so much as they blast anyone who they feel deserves it. Which is pretty much everyone.

5. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

They're libertarian (and more open about it now), and have incorporated more politics into the show in recent years. Sometimes, it works for them (the Wal-Mart episode was extremely clever), sometimes, it doesn't (the global warming episode was lame).

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Libertarian seems to be code for someone who votes Republican but then can claim not to be a Republican.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I never thought of the 'South Park' guys as Republicans.
    They mock everything stupid.

8. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

More to the point, a libertarian is a Republican who wants legalized pot.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Priests keeping naked boys on leashes is your idea of subtle? I'm sure some people found it funny. But I still say some of what they do is just geared toward seeing how far they can push things rather than going for entertainment value.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

11. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

Team America: World Police was incredibly anti-administration. It made fun of America going into all these foreign conflicts and creating bigger problems.

12. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

So you stopped watching the movie before the "dicks, pussies and assholes" speech? Just like the "Have Your Cake and Eat It, Too" moral of the Iraq War "South Park" episode, Parker and Stone make it fairly clear that they're not peaceniks.

"Team America" obviously ripped everyone, but while Parker and Stone didn't mention Bush by name, they certainly named (and killed off) lots of Hollywood liberals (and made them out to be literally enemies of the state). Watch it again -- it's not a lefty movie by any stretch of the imagination.

Draft saved Draft deleted