1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sorry, Sweetness, that's illegal. Replay the down!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Mar 20, 2013.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Trent Richardson apologizes for causing this rule to be implemented:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/03/cleveland_browns_running_back_29.html#incart_special-report

2. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

I wanted him to play TE in the NFL for one season. Just to see the carnage.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

BAMF

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

As an official, this is impossible to rule in real time. This is will be a disaster.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Will be fun to watch the fallout the first time this costs somebody a game.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Football is in deep shit.

On one hand, the NFL has to put up the front that it cares about player safety ... which leads to moves like this. At lower levels of football, moves like this are inevitable because it's going to become too expensive to insure those who play the sport and get hurt.

But any change in that direction is dismissed by football fans and I include myself in that category as my reaction was the same as YGBFKM. I thought the NFL was already getting way out of hand with this stuff with the introduction of the horse-collar rule.

It might be time to get rid of helmets, but is that going to stop from roided up freak from using his head anyway?

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Just a terrible rule. Incredibly successful league with the best financial system in professional sports by a mile, but the NFL is finding ways to fuck the golden goose up.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It's about protecting the children. The NFL is tying to be a good steward of the game.

Draft saved Draft deleted