1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sorority: No fat chicks, minorities

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Matt Foley

Matt Foley Member

If you don't want to join the greek system, fine, then don't, but don't go around bad mouthing the people who do. You talk all this crap about how terrible the members of the greek system are, well when I was an undergrad we had four separate incidents of people breaking into our house during parties to steal stuff (luckily we caught them) and do you know how many of them were in fraternities, none, so by your logic, I could conclude that all people who weren't in fraternities were bad.

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Print that on your next t-shirt.

3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Get me a beer, newbie. Minus the bong.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Isn't this an indictment of our entire American society in general?

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Stereotypes are bad, and everyone who believes in them are typical retards who breathe through their mouths and play with pee.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Uh, Jay ... you're smarter than this.

Of course the Greeks are doing better than the other groups. A large percentage of them are STARTING with a 20-yard headstart in life's 100-yard dash.

You aren't seeing a whole lot of kids from Watts in Gamma Mu Mu Delta.

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

IIRC correctly, the article took that into account by comparing genetic lottery winners from the likes of Harvard, who had better GPAs, to genetic lottery winning athletes from good schools with greek systems and compared how they were doing.
    It was one of those Malcolm Gladwell-type joints that took several flights of fancy, but basically, it read more like a slam on the Ivy League schools since going to a good college, and being involved on campus was more productive down the line.

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

They also promote camaraderie, and brotherhood, and can help you gain connections for a job.

And philanthropy . . .don't forget philanthropy.

Yeah, philanthropy. The greatest Greek buzzword when someone dies of alcohol poisoning during hazing.

9. RFB-Boy

RFB-Boy Member

Everyone who disagrees with me is wrong. Fat girls have nothing to offer. Thin girls are carriers of venereal disease. Fraternities are all about drunken debauchery and nothing else. Girls who join sororities are shallow souls only interested in landing a rich husband.

Have I properly distilled the theme of this thread?

My take: No matter who we are, it still smells bad when we eat asparagus and pee.

10. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Does eating pee dull the taste of the asparagus?

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Alpha Kappa Alpha, Delta Sigma Theta and Zeta Phi Beta declined to comment?

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I laughed out loud at that....

Draft saved Draft deleted