1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sorority: No fat chicks, minorities

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Feb 25, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Such a charmer. Still working on getting laid?

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

And I'm sure his girlfriend is 5-10, a size 4 and blonde. :p

3. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Demented and sad but social.

proud GDI.

It's funny, sad and the ultimate irony. The Frat boys I knew were of the College GOP set - against affirmative action, pounded their chests on their "individuality and self-determination." but usually joined their diddy's frat and used those connections to get jobs after college boasting of their 2.0 GPA's and daddy's connections.

To be sure, color bad -- legacy and Frat hires/admission - A OK!!

If it's white, it's right.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I think we're all forgetting about the good things Greek organizations can bring.

The camaraderie, the friendships, the professional connections. Where else can you have a beer with 30 of your closest friends? People who are disappointed with their social lives are the ones who complain about these houses, using these isolated incidents to bring down the whole system.

And don't forget philanthropy. Greeks do a lot of philanthropy. But you never read about that, because the press just wants to print sensationalistic stuff when a small group makes a mistake.

(the preceding was an actual quote from a letter to the editor my undergrad strudent paper received)

5. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

I never had to pay for the right to party with my circle of 30-40 college friends.

6. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

It was an offensive post, but BigRed, you do understand that when guys go to a sorority party or any party where sorority girls are, they're not looking for smart girls with something to offer, right? I don't expect to meet my wife at a greek event, but those "hung-up, anorexic bitches" are fun in college.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Fine. Just don't complain to us when it burns as you piss.

8. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

I was never mister popular in high school. I was more like Christian Slater in HEATHERS, but without the kiling people part. In short, I was the societal outcast that wanted to fit in, but never knew how.

I pledged TKE b/c my bro-in-law was in it. Plus, I wasn't old enough to drink. I wanted to do the ANIMAL HOUSE lifestyle for awhile. Easy enough, right?

No. I learned that these guys were all a bunch of goddamn robots who thought their shit didn't stink. Me, being the wildchild and all, it wasn't working out.

I knew I was a short-timer there, and had decided to de-pledge after homecoming. So during the homecoming party, I took the treasurer's girlfriend upstairs and got the chrome polished. Someone walked in on us, I got into a bit of a tussle and was promptly kicked out the next day.

I wear it as a badge of honor NOT to be a frater.

And at my school, there were the Delta Gammas (aka the fatties) and Phi Mu ("here come the cattle, Phi Mu, Phi Mu, Phi Muuuuuuu").

9. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I was a GDI. My wife (who is no size 4), was a sorority girl at a different college. (we met well afterward). I took offense because people like Melock are the reason some women have such whacked-out body mentality issues.
    And for the record, I had plenty of fun in college as an indy.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

TKEs were absolutely the same at my school.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

You know, nobody would call a girl shallow for not dating me.

(god, did I just open myself up for abuse good thing that turns me on)

12. I was in a fraternity in college and loved it. Enjoyed every minute of the experience. It's certainly not for everybody.

I'll go back to practicing my secret handshakes and networking my daddy's connections now.

Draft saved Draft deleted