1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Soriano to Cubs: espn report

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Nov 19, 2006.

1. brettwatson

brettwatson Active Member

Maybe Cubs felt like they could afford him after dropping Panozzo's fat contract.

2. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

Is this deal in pesos? If not, it's probably the worst in the history of baseball.

3. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I love this deal.
    He's a great leadoff guy, steals bases, gets on base and hits for a hell of a lot more power than Juan Pierre, who didn't hit until the Cubbies were well out of contention this season.
    With Aramis Ramirez back in the fold and Mark DeRosa, this team will definitely be better than it was last season.
    Now, about getting that protective bubble for Mark Prior.....

4. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Goddamn right.

Asshole.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Yeah, what a cock-gulping prick. (don't really have a gun in this fight, but I like to parrot profanity)

Ah the Cubs ... dumb asses since 1906.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Fuck you all.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I cannot believe this is a done deal. Eight years, $136 million? Wow.

8. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Thanks, Brick.

9. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Get your facts straight. It's dumb asses since 1908.

Actually, I like what they are doing, they could have arguably the most potent lineup in the NL with Ramierz, Lee, Soriano, Barrett, La Rosa, and if Murton can ever produce shit. Now if they could just sign another pitcher or have one come up from the minors (I actually have no clue what they have down there, or if they have anything worthwhile down there) they could be in prime shape to make me look smart in saying for the past seven years that they will win in 2008. or I will continnue to look like a jackass, which is probably more likely.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The decisions they made in 1906 set up the post-1908 era.

OK, I have zippo to back that up, but it sounds learned.

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

Now.....does the Trib dig real deep into their pockets, and try to get another big-name........i.e. A-Rod?

12. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

If Gannett buys Trib, Soriano will be expected to play the entire right side of the infield.

Draft saved Draft deleted