1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Soriano Back In The Bronx

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Soriano got traded to the Nats from John Hart's Texas for three pieces of mystery meat and wound up back to the Yanks, from whence he came.

One of those pieces that went to the Nats from the Rangers was Armando Gallarraga, who got famously boofed by Jim Joyce elsewhere.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

But enough about Bonser.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

From whence is redundant.

Whence means "from where."

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Ah, gotcha. No worries.

Hate seeing an 0-for-5 from Soriano tonight, but still glad to see him back.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

This guy:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/b/bonsebo01.shtml

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Rodriguez fit well enough to win a couple of MVP awards and help them win a World Series.

I can understand the backlash now, but some Yankee fans have always been ridiculous with this crap about Rodriguez not fitting in or not being a true Yankee. Complete and utter foolishness.

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

A-Rod is Dorn with a better glove.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Saying the Yankees wouldn't have won 2009 with Soriano and without A-Rod assumes the Yankees wouldn't have found another way to add an all-star caliber player.

I'd say that's a false assumption.

10. Hokie_pokie

Hokie_pokie Well-Known Member

Who gives a crap about whether he's a "true" Yankee -- whatever that means.

What has concerned me from his first day in pinstripes is what we already knew about Alex.

He's a selfish, spoiled, pampered, narcissistic prima donna who's as phony as a 3 dollar bill and worth about that much in the clutch.

There's no stat for it yet, but I'm sure someone will eventually be able to measure how much worse his teammates have played while being stuck in a clownshow clubhouse with A-Fraud for 162 games.

So please don't come at me with awards earned from piling up numbers in meaningless games, and meaningless situations. Those stats are as hollow as the man who accumulated them.

There's a reason why Seattle, then Texas, improved so dramatically after they got rid of his ass. Never in sports has there been a more obvious a case of addition by subtraction.

In retrospect, it's too bad for the Yankees that the players association scuttled A-Rod's deal with the Sawx. The Babe's curse would still be going strong if that emotionally fragile shithead had gone to Bahston instead.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

You act like you ain't never seen a $3 bill.

[​IMG]

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Sports is littered with $3 bills. ARod draws the attention because of the contract. He's no bigger dick than dozens of guys in the NBA, NFL & MLB

Draft saved Draft deleted