1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sopranos return pushed back, Deadwood over after 3, The Wire still sketchy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dog428, Jul 13, 2006.

1. dog428

dog428 Active Member

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Why the fuck would they want Simon to do something else when Simon wants to write another season of The Wire?

Fuckers. More Wire.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Apparently, David Chase majorly fucked up when he announced that there would be two more seasons of the Sopranos when most of the main actors were only under contract for one more season...

Gandolfini, Imperioli, Bracco and Falco all have contracts, but I think the majority of the rest don't and are all holding out for huge raises since most will be typecast for the rest of their careers as a result.

4. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Because everybody thinks they know more than the other guy.

What I particularly love is the fact Simon has already banged out the entire fifth season, including the ending to the show. Hey, David Chase, you see how this shit works? You sit down, you get your ass to writing and you finish it in a reasonable amount of time. None of this two-year-in-the-making bullshit.

And mizzou's right. That shit about Gandolfini's knee is just that -- shit. It's the contract disputes with Paulie and Sil that are the hold up. In fact, there are strong indications that the final season might go on without them because the difference in money asked for and money offered is so huge. Like $100,000 per episode difference.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Paulie and Silvio are the main holdouts... The kids are unsigned as well, as it's been mentioned that they might ignore Meadow and AJ for the final season... I think there are a few fringe characters like Artie and Janice who are also unsigned...

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Dog -- I thought that they signed Syl and Paulie last week.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/07/05/television.sopranos.reut/index.html?section=cnn_latest

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

If HBO won't pay, that could be the most disappointing final season in the history of television. Not worst, but most disappointing.

I love it when studio execs think they know better than the guys WRITING the fucking show. In one breath, it's the best thing HBO's ever done.

Doesn't he deserve the chance to finish it, then.

And don't tell me you aren't making money at $75 a DVD.

8. DyePack

DyePack New Member

If dog were running ABC in the early 1980s, he would have handed his tiny left nut over to Suzanne Somers to keep her at "Three's Company." Of course, they would have needed to change the name of the show because dog also would have signed the other blondes, just in case.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It's easy to ignore Meadow, she's basically eye-candy who has moved past the teenage angst years.  An interesting part of the Sopranos has been the AJ/Tony conflict, with AJ evolving into Fredo-like character, stupid and lazy. Will AJ progress towards taking his failure in life out on Tony, will Tony do more than smash a helmet through a car window?

Personally, I'd like to see Phil take Janice out, with a pole up her ass.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Dye, how 'bout you save the feuding for another thread.

I'm too pissed about the possibility of The Wire not finishing to deal with it.

11. leo1

leo1 Active Member

how much you wanna bet that sopranos gets pushed back yet again? those fuckers. fuck all of them.

12. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

All of cast signed for last `Sopranos'

By Associated Press
    July 8, 2006

NEW YORK - When cast members of "The Sopranos" convene next week to read through scripts for the HBO series' final season, none of the major players will be missing.

The same might not be said at the end of the season, of course.

HBO reached contract deals with Tony Sirico and Steven Van Zandt late last week, HBO spokeswoman Tobe Becker said this week.

They were the last remaining major cast members in the mobster show not to be signed. She would not reveal terms of the deals.

Sirico plays Paulie Walnuts, who had to deal last season with news that his beloved mom might not really be his mother.

Rock star Van Zandt portrays marble-mouthed Silvio Dante, close confidant to Tony Soprano.

"The Sopranos" concluded its most recent season in June, getting mixed reviews from critics and seeing its ratings decline.

Draft saved Draft deleted