1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sopranos on A&E

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spaceman, Jan 11, 2007.

1. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

The good news: Seeing the gang again in the first episode is great. It's like seeing it all over again.

The bad news: Hearing AJ say, "What, no friggin' ziti?"

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I was wondering if there would be swearing. I take it there isn't? Also, how do you watch The Sopranos with no hardcore violence, adult content or swearing? Won't they have to delete like half of the episodes?

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Just like the chicks do with Sex in the City....

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I've never seen that show. Please elaborate.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Original was heavy on the adult sexual content... which, when it came to Kim Cattrall, was a good thing,...

6. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Sweet. I hadn't heard about this.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I heard they are showing two every week until the new season starts. Is that true?

8. melock

melock Well-Known Member

In the first one Paulie Walnuts says shit. That was the only curse I heard tonight.

9. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

i heard shit and asshole, but no f-bombs.

and they cut some of the gratuitous bada bing nudity.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Damn, those are some of the best scenes.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Sarah Jessica Parker said in one interview that the editing on the TBS version wasn't very heavy. Anyone care to confirm?

As long as The L Word doesn't end up being sliced and diced (wrong cliche, perhaps?) to air on some "mainstream" channel ...

12. Dedo

Dedo Member

The show actually required very little editing to be shown on A&E. I remember reading a few years ago that Chase always shot alternate scenes with toned-down language, anticipating that the show would eventually be syndicated.

Pretty good foresight. Or maybe the idea came to him during a dream involving a vending machine, macaroni, a talking fish and Annette Bening...

Draft saved Draft deleted