1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sopranos 6/10 -- THE END

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Jun 7, 2007.

?

Is there going to be a movie?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    22.7%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Maybe

10 vote(s)
    15.2%
  4. Fuck you, David Chase

23 vote(s)
    34.8%
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yeah, well, screw Chase and screw him even more now that Gandolfini is gone.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

David Chase: He didn't die.

http://www.vox.com/2014/8/27/6006139/did-tony-die-at-the-end-of-the-sopranos

3. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I think most people just widely assumed that since they were talking about a Sopranos movie before Gandolfini died. No way does that movie even get discussed if Tony was killed in the finale.

4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

How pissed is Sepinwall that this guy got this as a "scoop"

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

If that article was intentionally a subtle commentary on Chase's stream-of-consciousness directing and frequent distractions from the main point, it was brilliant.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

To me, it was always the case that he didn't die and the last scene was a snapshot of his constant paranoia/stress. Even if Chase said the opposite, I'd still be convinced that I was right (just like my thoughts on how Breaking Bad ended vs what Vince Gilligan said).

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I've always been in the "Tony is alive" camp (as you can see if you circle back through this thread) but that Chase did everything in his power to frame the episode so he could have it both ways. It's whatever you want the ending to be.

8. BUMP ...

The director talks abut his thoughts shooting the last few frames.
    He gives no indication whether Tony lives or dies.

This Magic Moment - The Sopranos

9. Webster

Although we had a VCR and HBO played the episodes multiple times over its various stations, I forgot just how important it was for me to watch every episode when it was on. I think that I maybe missed the original viewing of 4-5 episodes over the whole series.

I was driving my daughter to something in the area a few weeks ago, passed Holsten's and had to stop in. Really good ice cream and they certainly do not underplay The Sopranos connection.

10. RecoveringJournalist

Since there was going to be a movie up until Gandolfini died, I think it's a safe bet Tony lived.

11. Webster

I can't believe that there ever would be a movie. Maybe a prequel of Tony's father and Uncle Jun back in the day.

12. RecoveringJournalist

I remember seeing Imperioli interviewed a few years back, before Gandolfini died and being asked about it and the interviewer kept pressing him if there had been any talk about making a movie and he kept saying, "I don't know. Why would they tell me?" and she said, "Well, of course they'd tell you." and he said, "Why would they tell me, I wouldn't be in it."

She clearly had forgotten that his character was killed off.

Draft saved Draft deleted