1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sopranos 6/10 -- THE END

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Jun 7, 2007.

?

Is there going to be a movie?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    22.7%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Maybe

10 vote(s)
    15.2%
  4. Fuck you, David Chase

23 vote(s)
    34.8%
  1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Arliss?

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I thought Deadwood was better written than the Sopranos

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

1. The Wire
    2. Band of Brothers
    3. Curb
    4. Cathouse Real Sports
    5. Sopranos
    6. Six Feet Under

I could see swapping out Sopranos with Real Sports, but that's about it for recent shows. I think people have really forgotten how sucky last season was for the Sopranos. Just not good. One quality episode, last week's, doesn't make up for the mediocrity that preceeded it.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm preparing myself for a Seinfeld level disappointment for the finale...

The Sopranos is considered one of the best shows ever... The finale had better be one of the best hours of TV ever or it will be a huge letdown...

5. Mizzougrad96

If you want to say that Curb and The Wire are better, that's your opinion, but you can't compare The Sopranos to a mini-series and a sports news show...

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Jay, Real Sports might be the best show on HBO, period. But you can't compare it to dramas or comedies.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I agree about the Wire, but BOB is a mini-series -- and partially a documentary -- and Real Sports is a news program.

And I really don't think you can make a plausible argument that Curb is better than The Sopranos.

8. Mizzougrad96

My biggest knock on The Sopranos is that Season 4 sucked...

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

If Sopranos is truly the greatest show ever, than you shouldn't have to qualify it.
    It should be able to stand on its own against anything - news, comedies, a mini-series, documentaries - but it doesn't.
    According to your own arguments Sopranos is the fourth-best thing to ever appear on HBO recently. But the hype of Sopranos just doesn't match the substance
    Look at the New Yorker. This week's cover was Tony Soprano walking out of Dr. Melfi's office. The last time the New Yorker did an incident specific cover was 9/11.
    Just in shows this year, Sopranos just barely makes my top 10.
    Sopranos is a good show, and sometimes a great show, but on the whole, it isn't the Best. Thing. Ever.

10. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Interesting article about the final episode and Alan Sepinwall http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003596000

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

cripes

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

That's sort of silly, Jay.

I don't know about you, but I have different criteria for evaluating Roots than I do The Price Is Right.

Draft saved Draft deleted