1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sopranos 6/10 -- THE END

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Jun 7, 2007.

?

Is there going to be a movie?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    22.7%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Maybe

10 vote(s)
    15.2%
  4. Fuck you, David Chase

23 vote(s)
    34.8%
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I think that's a given no matter what happens.

There simply isn't a scenario I see that pleases everybody who has watched this show over the years.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Let me refine that a bit, Inky.

Anyone who tunes in with a particular way they think the plot should go will likely be disappointed.

3. Fuggetaboutit.

I think Carmela's going to turn (thanks to the connections through Meadow's legal defense days) and Tony will end up in jail or witness protection. Sure, that ending would be totally emasculating for Tony, but then again, that's what he's been struggling against since the first episode, and would bring Tony full circle.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Can't come close to those numbers because it is pay cable...HBO does not have enough subscribers to draw even 1/2 that audience.

5. Colonel Angus

Colonel Angus Member

My money's on AJ being autistic and the entire show has been all in his head. That hasn't been done already, has it?

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Or Bob Newhart?

7. Inky_Wretch

From AP's television columnist Frazier Moore...

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Actually I don't think it was TV's best drama ever.
    More hype than substance and not even the best thing HBO has done. Maybe No. 5 on that list.
    What Sopranos really did was tap into HBO's target demographic and their fascination with the mob as demonstrated by the supper with the psychiatrists.
    How I think the show will end is that Tony runs into Carm/Meadow/AJ four or five years in the future. The family has become estranged and he tells them the story of how everything went down that night when Tony made everyone leave the house and go into hiding.
    But just bits and pieces, lots of strings left hanging.
    No real resolution and it sets up a movie(s) to explain the in between time.
    Lots of people will be disappointed by the end. Maybe more than those disappointed by the ending of Seinfeld.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Standing by my last-season prediction: trapped, betrayed, alone, scared, Tony flips to the Feds and moves to Henry Hill's hood to live his life as a schnook. Possibly leaving Carm and kids behind. New name: Kevin Finnity.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Number five?

It's not better than The Wire.

Other than that, the best thing that's ever been on television.

11. Inky_Wretch

What four series on HBO were/are better?

The Wire? Fraggle Rock? First and 10? Dream On?

12. Terence Mann

Terence Mann Member

Finn.
    Finnerty.
    Finish.

The first three letters in Finnerty, in the French language, mean ...

THE END

Draft saved Draft deleted