1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sopranos 6/10 -- THE END

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Jun 7, 2007.

?

Is there going to be a movie?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    22.7%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Maybe

10 vote(s)
    15.2%
  4. Fuck you, David Chase

23 vote(s)
    34.8%
  1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I would be willing to bet a Sopranos movie would follow a prequel/sequel format like in Godfather II.

That would allow all the old favorites to have a role while also allowing Chase to pursue his Freudian plotlines.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Great idea Zeke ... let's start shooting next week

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If there is a Soprano Movie, I'm betting it's a prequel of sorts. Either the Rise of Junior and the death of Johnnie Boy or some earlier tangental story of the DeMeo Crime Fmaily.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Shit, by then, Paulie Walnuts will be the Shah of Iran.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Simon_Cowbell

Fuck, though.... There is no Al Pacino as Michael to take the reins.

No Gandolfini... no Sopranos movie.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Problem with that, 'yab, is that you can't use any of the main characters from the show, and I don't even see Chase going out on that kind of limb. You risk absolutely tanking.

If Tony ends up turning state's evidence, you give yourself the obvious frame reference of him in the can telling tales to the Feds while a war rages in New York or Phil gets killed.

Of course, that's the easy out. I tend to think the ending will be anti-climactic.

7. Yes, but the twists in the plot these last few weeks have placed him at the precipice of an enormous crossroad.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Anti-climactic in the sense that the story doesn't end, there is no final resolution.

But if you look at the story now, all Tony has is Patsie, who ran away when Sil got shot up and Paulie, a poor earner who talks alot. Tony's crime family is gone. What physically happens to Tony, his wife and children are all that remains.

9. Simon_Cowbell

Awesome, MT!

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm leaning to the "no final resolution" camp.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

OK, here's my take:

The plot doesn't matter to me, and I don't think it matters to Chase.

The psychology is what matters, and in that sense I think the finale will be anti-climactic.

This entire subseason has been a masterful performance of transferring the emotion of the main character -- terrible, inescapable dread -- onto the audience.

There will be no payoff to all that dread. There will be no resolution. Because that's probably the point. The statement, ultimately, will be that when you live that life, you live with that dread, until you don't live with anything any more. You don't hear the shot that kills you. It's just unending dread and then nothingness.

In this regard, I'm willing to bet that at least half the people hate the ending.

12. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

My question - What kinda numbers will it do??? Will this go down as one of the most watched TV episodes in TV history? Like the last episode of MASH or Dallas? Just a thought....

Draft saved Draft deleted