1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Soprano's 5th Season Finale (6/4) (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Just_An_SID, Jun 4, 2006.

1. ChrisLittmann

ChrisLittmann Member

I think if there was a problem with this season it was that we all knew where it was going, and no one cared.

Season 1 -- Who is the rat?
    Season 2 -- Outing Big Pussy

and on and on...

I mean early on, it looked like this would be pretty Vito-centric, but there were two problems. There wasn't a scenario where he didn't get killed for being gay, and no one cared. In retrospect, Chris' drug problems spiraling out of control and leading to death would've been far better.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

It was brilliant. [whitlock fucking with your heads/]

3. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

this episode sucked.

this season sucked.

I am SO done with this shit.

this just blows.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

But like the rest of us who do agree, you'll be back.

5. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

How classic was AJ giving those three dudes his bike to get the hell outta there?

At least he got laid for it. I'm a BIG fan of his new girlfriend.

Wish she'd call me Papi. :eek:

6. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Sigh. probably.

I feel violated. These guys act like MLB did. "Oh, fuck the fans, they'll eat whatever shit we dish out."

7. As a stand-alone episode, this was fine, even good. It focused on people I care about... Chris, Tony and even AJ. I'm always good with that. Plus, the hinting of Chris getting whacked was good tension.

As the season finale to a season that sucked, this expisode did nothing to change my mind about the season. Chase had no idea what he was doing this year. Wallowing in Vito's gay vacation was a total waste of time. Vito just wasn't that compelling or that good of an actor.

Enjoyed the episode. Hated the season.

This season did make me re-read Underboss, Sammy the Bull Gravano's book about life in the mob. Paulie Walnuts and Phil Leotardo and dumb mobsters are pretty much par for the course. A lot of 'em really are that stupid.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Sorry, I liked the episode.

The Christmas scene at the end is quintessential Sopranos---a very Italian Norman Rockwell Christmas. The series IS about family.

Tony's little bedside chat  with Phil was terrific.

Wondering every moment whether Christopher was going to get whacked.

The "sit down" which wasn't a sit down.

What wasn't to like about it?

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

And for all of the suspense about Christopher on the verge of being whacked, in the end, he again showed his  loyalty to Tony by dumping Julianna.

10. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

What's there to feel violated about? The acting is still top notch and the show is always surprising. And there were big events that happened this season: Tony got shot and it caused him to change his life, Vito got whacked, Johnny Sack went to jail, Junior got put in an institution, Meadow left, AJ grew up and Carm got her own career. Y'all are just looking for something to complain about.

11. the fop

the fop Member

Enjoyed the episode. Season was very uneven, but that still makes it better than 95 percent of TV. Part of the problem was so much happened early: From Tyler's list, Tony's shooting and Junior's institutionalization happened in the first episode; Johnny Sack was picked up in the last episode two years ago. Meadow leaving doesn't seem monumental because she doesn't stick to anything (she wants to be a lawyer, she wants to be a doctor, etc.)

12. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

More blood.

Draft saved Draft deleted