1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Soprano's 5th Season Finale (6/4) (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Just_An_SID, Jun 4, 2006.

1. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

We've had to wait an extra week to see the Soprano's season finale and since the last week or so of TV in general has been pretty shitty (except for the Rescue Me premier), I have really been looking forward to tonight's episode.

I have been avoiding the previews at all costs -- they are usually misleading -- but I can't help escape the feeling that Tony will lose one of the major members of his crew tonight (this is because my local radio station is promoing that one of Tony's crew will be on tomorrow afternoon and it is unusual to see this character doing interviews after the season has ended).

If any of you want to know my guess, PM me and I will send it to you. Otherwise, I will keep it to myself.

2. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i'm cautiously optimistic that this finale will be a worthy episode.

3. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Member

The nice thing is that it sets up the rest of the season really well.

4. part-timer

part-timer Member

I don't know if anyone else noticed it or not, but HBO is not calling it a season finale. HBO is calling the last episode of the year (which, of course, sets up next year nicely).

5. Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum Member

predictions, anyone?

-- My guess is no one gets whacked tonight, but we'll be left hanging with 2-3 major characters in position to be next.

-- A.J. will not exactly do what Tony had in mind with the new job.

-- Whitlock will say the episode sucked

-- oh, and it sets up ...

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Steven Schirripa (Bobby Bacala) on NY radio this week said he does not have a contract for the final mini-season.
    Does that mean Bobby gets whacked tonight?

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

That's a pretty good guess, and it sets up Janice coming directly to Tony with all her problems (which she does plenty of already, but if Bobby B. is out of the picture, there's no 'buffer layer' between Janice and Tony). Janice drives Tony nuts enough as it is, that situation could get ratcheted up a few notches with the loss of Bobby.

Plus, maybe Janice playing an increased/significant role in family business would set her up to be the next big informant for the Feds (foreshadowed by the Tony-Melfi discussion of Janice blackmailing Tony with tape recordings in their teenage years).

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Good theory Starman. It also puts Bobby in the same category as Richie Aprile and Ralphie Cifaretto as Janice's dead exes.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Last week, Frank Vincent said tonight's episode was a "must-see."

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Maybe Tony can go Michael Corleone on Janice and have Sil take her fishing.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

That's very good, Starman.
    Unfotunately, it involves having to watch Janice whine and bitch her way through another eipsode.
    Blah.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I think first, he'll go Michael-Connie Corleone with the semi-incestuous overtones as hinted in GF II and III. Also foreshadowed, pretty blatantly, in last episode's Tony-Melfi exchange, with Melfi's discussion of Tony's sexual attraction to Janice.

I'm personally no big fan of the Janice character myself, but that certainly appears to be one direction they may be heading.

Draft saved Draft deleted