1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sopranos 5/6 (spoilers): Time to SOGOTP, Chase.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, May 6, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Chris shooting the writer was definitely a "What the fuck?" moment, though you could feel that sense of dread for the guy the minute he opened the door. I was more surprised at how cold and quick it was, more like a hit than Chris losing it. Drunk as he was, I think he knew he had to take the guy out after all he had said. And I didn't look close enough, but am I right that he used the sleeve of his jacket to keep from putting prints on the doorknob as he left?

The writer was also the only guy who had "wronged" him in the entire episode that he could get away with killing, even though Paulie is the one he should have been taking out. The insult on his infant daughter was over the line, even for Paulie, and Tony should have seen it.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Except maybe it's the final straw for Chrissy, who either blows up the family from within or tears it apart from the outside as part of the witness protection program, making good on a second chance, seeing as to how he's still expressed remorse about the Ade situation in last night's episode.

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

OOP, that first paragraph was spot on. As soon as Chris was leaving it was almost as if he realized all that he said and needed to keep that person from talking.

He did use his sleeve to open the door.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm kinda wondering about the idea of A.J. as a junior mobster, though. I think he was wired from the whole thing the night it happened, but when he gets a chance to think about it, I'm not sure he has the balls for that sort of thing. (I don't want to mention the clips from next week, since some people hate reading about those).

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

What a great episode.

Imperoli, Gandolfini and Iler carried the week. Brillian performances.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

ANOTHER great episode.

Can't wait for next week.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That might have been the first episode where Iler didn't annoy the shit out of me... It was a pretty cool moment when he was introduced as Tony Soprano Jr.

I accidentally read something online just before watching that told me someone was going to be whacked. Needless to say it was a bigger character than Tim Daly...

Great episode, the best in a long time...

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

When Daly said, "Chris, you're in the mafia!" I think Chris finally realized that there was no way out. Unlike Paulie or Silvo, Chris seemed to be in the mafia, not of it. Paulie and Silvo love the mob life. Chris enjoys the mob perks, but not the day-to-day duties that go along with it. It was a wonderful scene. The realization and revenge. J.T. killed Chris' dreams, so Chris killed J.T.

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Great episode. Can't really add much to what's already been said.
    But I do have a question... in the subject line, what does SOGOTP mean?

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Shit
    Or
    Get
    Off
    The
    Pot

11. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Thank you. For some reason I couldn't figure that one out.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I couldn't figure that one out, either, so you've got company.

Draft saved Draft deleted