1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sopranos 5/6 (spoilers): Time to SOGOTP, Chase.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, May 6, 2007.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Too right, WJ. I just sat there with my mouth hanging open.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I can't wait for tomorrow, when I watch the show while enjoying a bowl of pasta. The little things in life... :)

3. Probably one of the most compelling Melfi visits since she stopped being a big part of the show's storyline.

No New York guys tonight. No secondary characters. Just the people we've cared about since season one, episode one.

And none of them changed a bit.

When you learn about dramatic structure, one of the requirements is that your characters have to grow as time goes on. Obviously, this show works by swimming against that grain. They never, ever, ever change.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

For all the misguided gasbaggery about last week being "old school" ... tonight, THIS was old-school Sopranos.

I can't believe Paulie walked out of the strip club alive.

And, Tony and A.J. never looked like father and son in this show's six seasons.

Not until they walked in the door at the same time in tonight's ep.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I was trying to figure out the look on AJ's face when those guys poured acid on the welcher's foot. Was it a realization this was his destiny?

6. I thought he realized that this was what his dad does basically for a living.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Yep.

8. "Christopher, you're in the mafia."

I don't think we've heard that word on the show since Meadow asked Tony about it in "College."

9. blueview

blueview Member

Loved it. Loved the show.
    And yes, I_W. AJ was completely captivated by the beatdown. It seemed an epiphany for him.
    So is this, for certain, the end of Melfi?

10. 35in44

35in44 Member

That was the best episode in a while. Chris' shooting definitely shocked me. First time in a while this show did that in a "Never saw that coming, not at all" way.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Four eps left?

Yeah, that's that.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Maybe, but I thought he said he was planning on quitting but changed his mind as he was talking to her. T was on the verge of tears talking about AJ's depression. Great job by Gandolfini there.

Draft saved Draft deleted