1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sopranos 5/6 (spoilers): Time to SOGOTP, Chase.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, May 6, 2007.

1. Imperioli is tremendous ...

2. leo1

leo1 Active Member

terrific episode. i love the storyline of AJ now getting into the family business. as alan sepinwall wrote on the nj.com recap, whatever happens to AJ is now on tony. he literally forced his son into the family business by forcing him to go to the party he knew was hosted by those two bookies. i think AJ gets killed (or arrested for something serious like murder) before the season ends. the previews looked like they showed carmela breaking down while on the phone. i also think chrissie doesn't flip but wouldn't be surprised if he killed paulie. i'd like that. paulie is a pathetic old dick.

3. scribbler357

scribbler357 Member

Yeah, I thought it was ironic that Tony thought the best way to save A.J.'s life was to basically have him risk it as part of the new Junior Mafia (Get Money).

4. Dedo

Dedo Member

In case you haven't seen Sepinwall's column this week, here's an excerpt I think many on this board would agree with:

And the link:

http://blog.nj.com/alltv/2007/05/sopranos_rewind_walk_like_a_ma.html

5. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

I seriously don't understand why people have been making such a big deal about Meadow's "mystery date." Is it just because we're starving for Jamie-Lynn to get more screen time? I just think Chase put that in there so A.J. could make that little crack on her, showing everyone that A.J. has fully emerged out of his depression-induced shell. Plus, there are so many stupid red herrings on this show that some fans try to seek them out rather than just sit back and enjoy the ride.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

seeking them out is part of the ride

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

I LOVED that line. That, to me, was a big wink to hardcore fans, and a big fuck you to those who want the show to end in a hail of gunfire. LOVED that line.

Just watched the last two episodes back-to-back. This one was an amazing episode. So many outstanding little touches.

That look on Iler's face as he's holding down the dumb shit...priceless. It seems like he knows he's in now, that this is what he's been missing his whole life.

Refresh my memory...wasn't there also a scene last season where everyone was laughing in slow motion? That scene last year was aimed at Tony, right, as if to indicate everyone kissing up to him even when his schtick isn't funny?

A tour de force for the Christopher character. I really thought he'd kill Paulie right there for calling his kid adopted AND dumb AND a stripper. I'd be surprised if Chris doesn't kill Paulie.

To me, I think Tony begging to rat on the Arabs is a silent admission that the mob is irrelevant. Sure, Tony and Co. are dangerous men, but only in a small circle. They don't really scare anyone and they don't really matter in the grand picture. Even the feds seem to be going thru the motions with them. There are much bigger and more dangerous fish to fry, and deep down, Tony knows it. There is no present and there is no future. He's a human typewriter.

He's starved to feel as if he matters, and ratting on the Arabs is one way to feel important.

And, for a few fleeting seconds at the end of the episode, a normal family life for Tony. That's all he gets: A few fleeting seconds or normalcy.

Great episode. Can't wait for the final four.

Draft saved Draft deleted