1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sons of Anarchy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, May 19, 2009.

1. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

new season starts Tuesday

2. awesome. I'm looking forward to the new season.

3. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

My DVR is set to record the season.

But I still miss THE SHIELD.

4. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

I bumped this up as a reminder that tonight in the season 3 premiere of Sons of Anarchy on FX. First episode is 75 minutes long and starts at 10:00pm Eastern.

info on this season:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2010/09/07/2010-09-07_theyre_gangrelated__proud_of_it.html?r=entertainment

5. Shoeless Joe

I'm gonna be diggin 75 minutes while I'm watching it, but paying for it in the morning. Just watching the regular show throws me off. 10 p.m. is when I normally go to bed!

6. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

Alan Sepinwall's review of Season 3:

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-watching/posts/review-sons-of-anarchy-season-three-on-fx

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'm a huge SoA fan, and if anyone can get Season 3 on digits and mail it to me, I'd be much obliged. I'd really hate to have to wait until the spring to catch up.

8. Shoeless Joe

Looks good so far. I do hope the story arc about getting the baby back doesn't take all season. I do know some of the regulars go to Ireland to get him, but that just seems far fetched in terms of what the show's direction should be.

9. Shoeless Joe

I'm afraid a terrific show has jumped the shark in only its third season. I still like it and will continue to watch without fail, but this thing has taken tragic turn from what it was in season one.

A whole crew of outlaw bikers makes a stowaway flight to England then on to Ireland just to have a bunch of bikes waiting for them .... uh, no. Not only that, but they don't wear their cuts to fly under the radar only to show up all wearing matching hoodies with club insignia on the back. Yeah, that's a good plan. No one will notice any of this at all. (by the way, these guys have more logo wear than a NFL game day shop)

10. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I was about to say the same thing as what Shoeless Joe said in his last two posts. Note that he said he hoped getting the baby back doesn't take all season. He said that almost two months ago, and we're still waiting. I'm guessing the baby's return will be the warm, fuzzy Christmas season miracle.

I have about three episodes on the DVR, and I can't convince myself to watch them. This show is taking a dive. Any sense of realism that it had (mostly due to the great acting) has been overshadowed at this point by the ridiculous plot twists. Come one. Some lady is killed while caring for an old man and nobody misses her? What? She didn't have a family? I can't go on. I'd be writing all damn day.

Only biker dudes are likely to keep watching it at this point. And probably not the smarter biker dudes.

11. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's been a disappointing season. I'll stick with it, but it's gotten pretty ridiculous. Kurt Sutter has been throwing a little tantrum on Twitter about criticism of the season. He says that women "get" what he's doing and men don't, which is interesting to me, since I am a woman and I am so not into the ridiculous plot twists and soap opera-ish stuff going on.

12. Shoeless Joe

The season finale starts in a little while. This should be a good episode (90 mins which kills me, but that's OK). It'll be interesting to see how the "Jax is a rat" deal plays out and what kind of cliff hanger it leaves with.

Sonny Barger is supposed to have a cameo as a Son in prison.

Draft saved Draft deleted