1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sons of Anarchy Season 6

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gehrig, Sep 9, 2013.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Well, I was waiting for Gemma to crawl into bed with Juice, for starters ...

2. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Well, I certainly missed the mark on that one.

I guess Ophelia does die in Act 4, thus escalating Hamlet's madness.

I was thinking earlier how we had discussed the archetypal story where good triumphs in the end, but this is Sutter, so maybe it ultimately doesn't. I've never liked Gemma. I never have loathed her until this episode. I always kinda felt sorry for Juice. I now hope he dies badly.

The only justice that can end the show well is for Jax and Gemma to both get shipped off to prison and the kids get put into state custody. The only thing that can be done to them is for the thing they fear most to come to pass.

3. Shoeless Joe

Oh, and as bad as Clay was, he didn't deserve to be buried in a prison pauper's grave.

4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

It's interesting that Unser goes and not even Tig can bring himself to go. I wish they would've explored this a little more.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I'm almost getting sick of SOA. They just decided to keep things interesting by adding in more and more random killings. So far, the club has killed a member of the ATF, two local sherrif's, and an FBI investigator. Also beat up two cops from a neighboring town. Still free.

Anyway, SOA is good, but when compared to the better dramas, it is pretty poor writing and plot development.

6. Shoeless Joe

I don't disagree with that at all. It is pretty bad, but it's a daytime soap for men, so it's kind of a guilty pleasure.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And whatever happened to that freeway shootout? Nobody decided to follow up with the Sons? It's like it never happened.

The finale bugged me. Rockman Dunbar's character died, about the only character you could root for. Tara died, so all of Jax's machinations were for naught. And Sutter even gave Gemma an "out" by making her "out of it" and snapping.

The way this has to end is Jax killing Gemma and somehow heading out of town with his boys.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I get that. But he still had some story in him. I'm hoping his brother, or dad, comes to town to kick some ass next season.

Draft saved Draft deleted