1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Songs that instantly put you in a better mood......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

"Black Coffee in Bed" is a great, great song, complete with Elvis Costello cameo at the end.

garrow likes this.
  2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Such a great guitar hook.

Forget the hair. Forget all the coke.

This song is so close to perfect it makes me feel good every time I listen to it.

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Loved Nick Lowe and Dave Edmunds and Rockpile from the day I heard this song.

Also maybe oughta serve as the official theme song of the Poin Files ...

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Killer song off that album:

Another with the great Terry Williams driving the train:

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

In both the low part and the falsetto.

They've done a re-worked, much faster version that works pretty damn well, too.

(Just got 3rd row seats to see Squeeze in September. Can't wait.)

Huggy likes this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

All the Rockpile, plus the various Dave Edmonds and Nick Lowe records made by the same four guys that function as more Rockpile. One of my great regrets is finding out that they were playing in Houston and not being able to get into the little club they were playing that night.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Whenever CBS does their in game Masters promos, it instantly perks me up knowing that it's right around the corner.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

That's awesome. I am hoping Squeeze - and the Stray Cats' 40th anniversary tour - find their way to Toronto

PCLoadLetter likes this.
  9. PCLoadLetter

Last time Squeeze came to town they played in a small club. I had tickets and got strep throat and missed it. I was not happy.

(Odd personal Squeeze history -- I actually saw the Difford and Tilbrook tour, when the band broke up in the 80s and they did a one-off album and tour before reforming.)

(Odd personal Squeeze history part deux -- Squeeze recorded "Tempted" but it was sung by Paul Carrack who immediately left the band. I have seen "Tempted" performed live by Squeeze, Difford & Tilbrook, Madness (with Carrack on keyboards), and Nick Lowe & His Cowboy Outfit (with Carrack on keyboards). I have also seen it done by Sting, who had no actual claim to the song but did a pretty solid version, particularly given that Sting is terrible live.)

10. HC

HC Well-Known Member

This song sends me straight to my happy place.

Slacker likes this.
  11. PCLoadLetter

The rare cover that is better than the original. I'm a huge Elvis Costello fan but the Edmunds arrangement beats the hell out of Elvis' version.

12. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I love Ronstadt's cover too

PCLoadLetter likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted