1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Something you don't want to have happen while on the toilet

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyid=2007-04-16T124342Z_01_T308550_RTRUKOC_0_US-JAPAN-TOILETS.xml

Japan firm apologizes after toilets smoke, catch fire

Twenty-six smoking toilets, and three more on fire, put a Japanese toilet maker in the hot seat on Monday.

Toto Ltd., known for its high-tech toilets with bidets that have blow-drying, air purification and seat-warming functions, apologized to consumers and offered free checks and repairs after some of its toilets with bidets and heated seats sent up smoke and three caught fire.

"We apologize deeply for the trouble we have caused to our customers," the company said in a statement.

Toto said no people were injured as a result of the problems and damage was limited to a small part of the toilet tank.

The problem was caused as friction was generated in a part inside the toilets, eventually producing heat. It affected some toilet models made between March 1999 and December 2001.
    The company's most famous product, the combined toilet/bidet or "wash let," is a common household article in Japan.

2. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Isn't this the same country that brought us toilets that analyze our poop and pee for health problems -- the Toilet Doctor?

3. joe

joe Active Member

Ran that as a biz brief today. Best headline that couldn't run:
    Goodness, gracious,
    great balls of fire

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

5. boots

boots New Member

Shit happens!

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Funny....

I wasn't thinking Jerry Lee Lewis when I opened this thread....

I was thinking Elvis.

7. SportBlogNow

SportBlogNow Member

I bet these guys think they're hot shit ;D

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

So what's the poop on this?

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I thought this thread might be about snakes and pipes.

Draft saved Draft deleted