1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Someone explain this BS to me

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bubbler, May 13, 2008.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

:-X :-X :-X

2. Grimace

Grimace Guest

All I know is that people living in other countries manage to get by. How do they do it? Or do people in Holland eat takeout every night?

There's a way, but we don't know any better because we've never had to before.

I read a story that subway use in L.A. (yes, we have a subway!) is up by 10 percent.

It has begun.

3. Grimace

Grimace Guest

These guys were pioneers:

[​IMG]

4. Excep that the oil companies don't want to build refineries.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The environmentalists and the "not in my backyard" citizen fucktards are the loudest of the mouths.

6. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Seeing as how Mr. Liesl installs kitchen appliances for a living, this struck me as hilarious.

There is no way possible to get these comfort items delivered and installed with anything less than a diesel-run vehicle.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And your evidence of this is?

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I'll ride a bicycle to work when I see John Raymond's and Ray Irani's asses on one.

And the day that happens, I'll expect to see the three-breasted woman blowing past on the circus unicycle.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Well, to one aspect of it, it would take quite a while before any setup and drilling would begin producing enough to actually begin making a difference. However, would you really be surprised if the setup costs themselves were passed on to the consumer?

Maybe 1 cent is not wholly accurate, but it's probably closer to the reality than anything on a much higher side.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Not wholly accurate? He fucking pulled it out of his ass.

11. Grimace

Grimace Guest

OK, now let's see your data that backs up your claim that drilling would lower prices. Please show your work.

Thanks

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

How do you know he did unless you've done research on your own? If you have, please to be providing the numbers. And unless the savings are absolutely significant, it would have to be weighed against the potential environmental costs. Exxon Valdez, anyone?

Draft saved Draft deleted