1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Somebody help this girl......PLEASE

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, Feb 15, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

This just in. What's you take?
    Teen Hiccuping for Over 3 Weeks
    ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Jennifer Mee can't stop hiccuping. For more than three weeks now, the 15-year-old St. Petersburg teen has hiccuped close to 50 times a minute — despite the best efforts of doctors and home remedies.

She's had blood tests, a CT scan and an MRI. Drugs haven't worked. Neither has holding her breath, putting sugar under her tongue, sipping pickle juice, breathing into a paper bag and drinking out of the wrong side of a glass.

And, yes, people have tried to scare them out of her.

The hiccups do stop when she's sleeping.

According to the National Institutes of Health, hiccups are caused by involuntary contractions of the diaphragm, which causes vocal cords to briefly close, which makes that distinctive hiccup sound. They can start for no reason or be triggered by anything from spicy foods to stress.

It is not clear what triggered Jennifer's hiccups, which started in school Jan. 23. Her mother, Rachel Robidoux, recently turned to the local newspaper for help.

"I'm just looking for some answers where somebody's gone through this," Robidoux told the St. Petersburg Times. "At this point, we're willing to do anything."

___

2. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

D_B (by just a few minutes): http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/37692/

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Send her here. One look at the turning down a romp in the hay thread or anything involving JDV should frighten the hiccups out of her ... forever.

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Finger. In. Anus.

Does it every time:

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn10207-ig-nobel-prizes-hail-digital-rectal-massage.html

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

ah......look at part of the text........."rectal massage".........perfect for every occasion.

6. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Nothing a good dick in the ass can't cure...

7. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

My fault. At least I appologized.

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Countdown to this being the basis of an episode of House starts now...
    The cure will be he uses his cane to perform the rectal massage.

9. melock

melock Well-Known Member

She needs to try and breathe out of her ears. Works for me every time!

10. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

From the story on rectal massage (yes, I read the whole thing):

"An orgasm results in incredible stimulation of the vagus nerve. From now on, I will be recommending sex – culminating with orgasm – as the cure-all for intractable hiccups."

Aside from the obvious issue of the girl being 15, this is a case that just begs for Dr. Boots - which makes it quite odd that he's the one who started the thread.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Man, you must be a barrel of laughs when you're hiccuping on deadline.

12. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

My dad had the hiccups for a month once. Seriously.

Draft saved Draft deleted