1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some More Good News

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Pete Incaviglia, Jan 14, 2010.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

For real? Not to knock whatever makes people happy, but I always pretty much could do without the vending machines. Free coffee and water is about all I ask for. The shit in the vending machines is usually a ripoff. Guys will drink 3 or 4 1.00 cokes a night, when you can get 5 12 packs for $10 or $11 at the supermarket.

2. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Let the fools have their tar-tar sauce.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Fantastic.

4. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

You have windows in your lunchroom? Lucky!

(slinking away, very jealous)

5. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

very cool to hear...you are right, we get so used to being asked to do more with less..it's nice to step back and see something being improved for employees...hurray!!!

For us it was a laptop overhaul a few years back...improved the working environment tremendously...also a massive improvement to our press, which is the main $$$-maker in the building and used by our entire chain. Improvements also streamlined production making deadlines more attainable (fewer steps).

6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Stitch, coke or pepsi. Can you really tell the difference?

7. ripple

ripple Member

Are you a gay fish?

8. FuturaBold

FuturaBold Member

mountain dew is my drink of choice... yes i pay too much for them here in our building...

9. partain

partain Member

No more matching 401K benefits, health insurance costs are up, we leave lights off in parts of the building that are practically abandoned due to layoffs...

But we still have 25 cent sodas and free coffee in the breakroom.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

We got half our 401K match back this year, and the coffee is still free. The bastards hiked the soda machine to 60 cents — fuck 'em, it was making me fat anyway.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

They want you on Small Town Girl's health insurance like yesterday.

12. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

The capital investment continues.

Now we learn management is replacing all the lighting in the news room.

Draft saved Draft deleted