1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some Indians Fans Wore Red-face to the Wild Card Game

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 3_Octave_Fart, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Sure, but that just opens a competition to align as many members of the particular minority group on one side or another. (See all the college nickname fights in which you have battles between Indians on both sides of the issue, with the colleges doing all they can to cultivate those on their side). I'm not sure there would be many Indian supporters of Chief Wahoo, but I don't doubt that some could be found. The solution is not to take a poll of registered tribal members. Something is either morally/ethically wrong or it isn't.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

What does Rick Reilly think?

3. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Thankfully the block C logo has caught on in Cleveland and Wahoo has become featured less and less. While I agree the logo should be banished immediately, I'm at least heartened that it will be gone in the near future. I also would be on board with the team making Tribe the official name. Slightly less offensive and it's what most people call the team anyways.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

hahaha - that is awesome. He is doing an endless loop.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

This is as good a place as any to post this:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/joeflood/how-the-redskins-debate-goes-over-on-an-actual-indian-reserv

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

How long before PETA seeks to ban animal mascots and nicknames as offensive?

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Record vs. teams with winning records: 36-52. Ain't life grand in the AL Central?

8. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I saw offensive Indians fan at the Red Sox game today! Red-faced and all!! *faints*

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Calcaterra spoke with the team.
    They did NOT say Wahoo was being phased out.
    Now, they could be doing it and not stating as much.
    But if they were serious about diminishing the logo, there's no need to be coy about it.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Shoulda' brought back this C instead.
    [​IMG]

12. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Chief Noc-a-homa told Wahoo he was stepping out for a carton of milk and a pack of cigarettes and never came back.

Draft saved Draft deleted