1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some Housing Bargains in Detroit

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Jan 29, 2008.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I would wait until they lower the price again. The housing crisis is so bad in Michigan prices for homes fell 10 percent last year ( that's a pretty crazy bargain for a $200,000 home in the suburbs) or a superb discount on that five dollar house.

But, experts say the prices will fall another 10 percent in '08.

So you can get that 200, 000 dollar home for 160,000 or you can wait for that bargain on Howell street, and get it for $4.50.

2. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I think we just found the place of our next SJ retreat. We get 10 people to go in on it, rooms are 10 cents a night for five days.
    And hell, it comes with rabbits.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

note: must care for three homeless men living in crawlspace.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Zillow has it at $62,000.
    http://www.zillow.com/search/RealEstateSearch.htm?dg=dg1&addrstrthood=8906+HOWELL+ST&citystatezip=48204&GOButton=

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

You know, with a 30-year mortgage, that's a little over a penny a month. Even a journalist can swing that.

6. poindexter

When's tourist season in Detroit?

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

That whole block might not be worth 62k

8. poindexter

Detroit is #1 on the Forbes list.

http://www.forbes.com/business/2008/01/29/detroit-stockton-flint-biz-cz_kb_0130miserable.html

This city rocks!

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

(a) The day William Clay Ford no longer owns the Lions.

10. poindexter

I think this place should become the permanent SportsJournalists.com Goodtime Fun Factory and Halfway House. There's room for a satellite dish, and the place just needs a little bit of TLC. Plenty of crossbreezes in the summertime.

If anyone wants to go over to the realtor and plop down a fiver, and sign the paperwork, I will paypal them the cost, plus throw in a few bucks for their effort. I hear the place is only 15 minutes from Tahoe.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted