1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some DMN section editors now report to sales managers

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SixToe, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

They've been busy on Record Street. The paper has formed a partnership with The Ticket:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/120809dnspoticket.331b4584a.html

Norm and the Goose can come out of the closet at long last.

2. I can applaud the DMN for recognizing the year on the calendar -- and all it represents -- by making the strategic decision to partner more closely with their sales division to ensure the success of a business. Welcome to 2009.

Partnering with The Ticket? I'm not sure I see how constant fart jokes, comments that demean women and talking about the local music scene is going to compete with ESPNDallas.com.

As Tom Petty said when Michael Jackson married Lisa Marie: "Elvis must be spinning like a rotisserie chicken."

I'm sure that quote applies to the very-much-alive Dave Smith, wherever he is.

3. doggieseatdoggies

doggieseatdoggies New Member

[​IMG]

All that needs to be said.

4. fleaflicker

fleaflicker Member

Excellent image of self-destruction...worth 1,000 words (oh, wait...with deflation, can't really say what a word is worth.)

5. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

The demise of the DMN and Chicago Tribune is truly heartbreaking. They are complete rags. Embarrassing. How anybody could subscribe to either is impossible to comprehend. They are disgusting rags of what they once were.

Draft saved Draft deleted