1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Soliciting Opinons on Turning 40

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Jun 11, 2007.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

So in roughly 33 months, actually according to timeanddate.com, it is 2 years, 9 months and 7 days, or to look at it another way, 1011 days until I turn 40. For the curious it is March 18.
    So I want to do something cool, something spectacular and I've been wondering what. Or should I shoot for several things?
    I really don't know and several things have popped in my head, along with fun commentary...
    Write a book - Possible
    Run in a marathon - Yikes, I don't even like to walk
    Compete in a triathlon - Even more demented
    Get married - More possible than anything else, even though my friends won't like her
    Climb a mountain - Woodall Mountain (Elevation 806 feet), Mississippi here I come
    The danger Dan medley of skydiving, basejumping and swimming with the sharks - Because I secretly want to die
    I'm taking suggestions people, feel free to offer them up.

2. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

go to vegas and plunk down for a threesome at the Chicken Ranch.

3. lono

lono Active Member

Download "Fucking 40" by John Eddie.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Jay, I had not done it until Uncle Sam made me do it, but jumping out of an airplane is a thrill that I cannot describe.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Ask spnited for advice MUAHAHAHHA!!!!! [/fucking piece of shit dickhead!!!!]

6. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Denial works for me. This year, I will celebrate my 39th birthday yet again. I'm thinking of making it an annual event.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Have a nice libation and smile, knowing that you're not getting older, you're getting better. At least till you get as old as spnited.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

40 is the new 20 - so enlist and head off to Baghdad...or do a triathlon. I've done a few "sprint" triathlons. 600yd swim, 10k bike, 5 k run. They're not too bad.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Not at fantasy sports. MUAHAHAHAHAH!!! :D :D :D

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Can he still remember 40?

You set em up... Sorry spnited... I know you hate it when others beside BYH do it, but it was way too easy.

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Thank the god your worship you're alive, and then have another beer. Or you could do like me and my buddy Shawn Kemp (I'm exactly one day older), and father lots of children by then.

/turns 40 in two years, five months and 17 days, ya whippersnapper. Get offa my lawn!

Draft saved Draft deleted