1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Soldier throws puppy off cliff (Disturbing video)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DougDascenzo, Mar 3, 2008.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Observation, anonymous message-board poster. If you watch the video, the fake puppy flips end over end with no appendage moving, just as a stuffed animal would.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So you practiced with stuffed animals. I'd stick with that story, too.

3. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter much if it's fake (well, except to the puppy). You still have U.S. servicemen, or impersonators of them, making a video that makes American soldiers look like savages. No doubt it's getting good play in the Middle East and elsewhere among people who are only too willing to believe it was a live puppy.

4. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Don't you also think that maybe the second guy (the non-thrower) and the cameraman might have actually objected a little more loudly if it was a real puppy?

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Marines investigating this incident now ...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,334709,00.html

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I love this "quote" in the story about the authenticity of the video:

"Nice journalism," Ace told FOXNews.com. "You dimwits are real pros. But how you got several anonymous sources to say the exact same thing is intriguing."

7. XXXX

XXXX Member

My first thought was that it was real, and i hope that mother fucker dies.

If it was fake, which i hope it was, then why are you even making this video.

8. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

The way I see it, these brave fellows are tossing the puppies over there so we don't have to toss them here.

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I would give that fucker a beating that would make what he saw at war pale by comparison. All the body armor in the world wouldn't protect him.

Animal abuse is my emotional hot button. I could never watch the video, but accidentally saw a still on the CNN story and it left me shaken all day. Good thing I'm not in charge, because I'd give an act like this the death penalty -- not because I equate a puppy's death with a person's, but because I believe anyone capable of such a thing has absolutely nothing to add to humanity and doesn't belong among the rest of us.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Just think if it were real.

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

OK, if it's fake he just gets life in a PMITA prison for thinking of such a thing.

12. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

I spoke to an expert, because he threw a number of cats to their death off a dam back in the day.

He confirms: Fake.

Draft saved Draft deleted