1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Softdrink Rant/Discussion/Whatever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flying Headbutt, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

So with the weather so damn great outside, I venture down the street to 7-11 for what would be my first Slurpee of the calendar year. And if I were in charge this 7-11 would be shut down for violation of my first law passed, because the fuckers didn't have coca-cola slurpees. Of course, it didn't matter anyway because all six slurpee flavors weren't frozen anyway, so there were NO slurpees to be found.

So I had to settle, and boyyyyyyyy do I mean settle, for a big gulp of coke. Why is is that 7-11's fountain sodas are always flat? You contrast that with McDonalds which has the best coke you can get anywhere. Even coke can't bottle it as good as you can get it from McDonald's. And now this flat coke is giving me a tummy ache.

2. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Six flavors and no Coke? Paging Starman . . .

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

That's what I'm talking about.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i hope your tummy is feeling better, dog. :D

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Per the Coke plant salesman at church, McDonald's has the best Cokes because they run wide open with the syrup, the way you are supposed to, in order to achieve the best flavor. Places looking to pinch pennies will literally water down the product.

Also, the dispenser nozzles have to be cleaned religiously. Not only does it keep the flavor from going bad, but dirty/clogged nozzles are a bug magnet.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Too bad McDonald's fucks it up by putting their drinks in those hideous, flavor-killing, plastic cups.

Fuck Coke anyway. Dr Pepper is where it's at.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Fuck Coke AND Dr Pepper, PEPSI is where it's at.

Yeah, you heard me, bitches. I'll fight over that.

8. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Mountain Dew Livewire Slurpees. Mmmmm.

But when it comes to summer drinks, I prefer margaritas. :)

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

wow. i've drank diet dp for years. yet i don't care enough to fight about it. i'm passive.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The 2-liter bottles at those places are often out of date.

Would not be surprised if the same wasn't true for the fountain drinks.

11. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

I agree. I won't fight over that.

12. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

And my scrawny ass will be there with you fighting the bitches. (But I can't really fight, so I'll be your cheerleader.)

Draft saved Draft deleted