1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Socks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

“Socks can be done without.” - Albert Einstein

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I own like two pairs of dress socks. I couldn't find them if you paid me.

Otherwise, white ankle socks or bare feet. That's it. I buy them in like the 10-pack at Walmart.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

White calf (or over the calf) athletic socks & sneakers with jeans and shorts.
    Only time I'm not wearing white socks is if I'm barefoot, or wearing Dockers, slacks or a suit, in which cases the color of the socks will match the color of the pants (be it tan, gray or navy blue)

4. nck228

nck228 Member

I usually go with white no-show socks. I do have a few pairs of quarter socks that I'll wear under my Converses (if only because I find that no-shows tend to slip inside a pair of high-tops) and some dress socks for important occasions, but usually it's just no-shows for me.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I go sockless, even in slacks and a blazer, in the summer when wearing dress shoes.

Otherwise it's flip-flops, Tevas and Birkenstocks until September.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Every pair of dress socks I own I got because I was in a wedding and they came with the tux.

My wife buys me a pack of Golden Toe socks once a year and then disposes of the old ones. I keep a couple old pairs around to mow the lawn. This year, my wife bought me those short athletic socks to wear with shorts.

There, I have now officially spent more time thinking about my socks in the last 10 minutes than I have in my previous 37 years on this planet.

7. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I do notice that the quality of socks suck now. They seem to last fewer washes now.

8. Mizzougrad96

I can't wear normal socks. I wear a size 14 shoe and I think regular socks are made only to fit up to 12. When I used to wear cheap socks and I pulled them up, I'd sometimes tear them.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yuck.

:)

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Mizzougrad96

Well done. Now I have to clean Coke Zero off my keyboard.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

For those bigger feet, Gildan makes bigger socks. Check out Dollar General.

Draft saved Draft deleted