1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Social Media Manager - Dallas Cowboys Football Club

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by KJIM, Mar 12, 2011.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

From Teamwork Online:

http://footballjobs.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/r.cfm?i=34742

The Social Media Manager is responsible for providing intelligent and creative marketing experience to assist in the progression of our Social Media strategy.

Job Duties:

• Partner with the Website Director, eCommerce Director and Marketing Executives to develop Social Media plans
    • Consult on marketing plans, media plans and sponsorship sales proposals
    • Create and manage brand voice on new and existing Social Media platforms
    • Monitor Social Media networks; manage the scheduling of posts and respond and communicate with fans directly
    • Respond to current trends in social media to develop an effective marketing strategy
    • Research new Social Media networks to determine how each fit into the overall Social Media strategy
    • Provide competitive intelligence around competitors' social activities
    • Research, develop and implement new opportunities and strategies across the business
    • Identify, capture and implement Social Media content
    • Analyze Social Media mediums through monitoring tools and provide meaningful analytics regarding community growth and engagement
    • Perform all aspects of data mining and reporting specific to Social Media campaigns
    • Perform other functions and activities as directed

Requirements::

• Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field preferred
    • Experience with Social Media platforms required
    • Social Media technical skills preferred
    • Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
    • Able to deliver tangible results within a short timeframe with limited resources
    • Able to simultaneously manage a high level of detail across multiple projects
    • Able to demonstrate flexibility and quickly adapt to changes while maintaining high levels of productivity and effectiveness under pressure
    • Able to work well within a team environment, offering assistance and support to team members whenever necessary
    • Able to balance internal priorities with client expectations
    • Able to work flexible hours

2. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

What would this person do all of next fall?

3. ericwbolin

ericwbolin New Member

Be unemployed.

4. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Sadly, that gave me a chuckle. I know one person seriously considering applying for this job.

5. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

There are probably about 20,000 people seriously considering applying for this job.

6. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Glad you hedged it with "probably about" 20,000. Can only imagine how many more are considering it, but not seriously considering it. Could be 50,000! Or nearly any made-up number you can imagine!

7. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

Just making the point that there will be no shortage of applicants, regardless of what's going on with the CBA.

8. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

The words "Dallas Cowboys" bring in thousands of applicants alone, I'd think.

(What is the e-mail to apply to? I clicked the link and couldn't find one.)

9. GregAXZM

GregAXZM New Member

yeah I thought about it........for a split second..

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Rumor has it Jerry Jones is pretty tight paying his organizational people, so beware.

11. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

so you're saying he should be a newspaper publisher?

12. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

No, he wants to be proud of the final product

Draft saved Draft deleted