1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SOAP Method of Bible Study

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Jan 19, 2013.

1. dragonzo

dragonzo Guest

You must have a different version. In my version, Austin 3:16 says "I just whipped your ass."

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Short people, tall people, people with glasses, The bottom line is I'll whip all your asses.
    Austin 3:16

3. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

"Dear Warden, You were right. Salvation lay within" -- Dufresne 3:16

4. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Isaiah 42:16 "I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not. I will lead them in paths that they have not known. I will make darkness light before them and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them and not forsake them"

Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all they ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy path."

5. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Ecclesiastes 12:1-7 especially 7
    "Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth ...."
    "Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was, and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it."

6. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Hebrews 11:1
    "Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen."

7. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

"That night they got their father to drink wine, and the older daughter went in and lay with him. He was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up."

Genesis 19:33

8. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

This right here is the essense of what true Christianity is all about:

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."

1Corinthians 13:4-8a, 11, 13

9. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

A favourite of mine that the world could benefit from a lot if used a little more. Matthew 7:1-5

7 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
    3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye."

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

"Noah was the first tiller of the soil. He planted a vineyard; and he drank of the wine, and became drunk, and lay uncovered in his tent." Genesis 9:18-29

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Ezekiel 23:19-21 -- "Yet she became more and more promiscuous as she recalled the days of her youth, when she was a prostitute in Egypt. There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses. So you longed for the lewdness of your youth, when in Egypt your bosom was caressed and your young breasts fondled."

http://bible.cc/ezekiel/23-20.htm

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Ezekiel 29:20

"Then I said to them, 'What is the high place to which you go?' So its name is called Bamah to this day.'"

Draft saved Draft deleted