1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So, who's going for their free Grand Slam breakfast?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Feb 2, 2009.

1. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Like JR, you couldn't pay me to eat at Denny's. Serves easily some of the worst food on the planet. Give me a solid diner if I'm going to go out for breakfast.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

How bout you drive to Louisville and myself and FH will meet you there? :D

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

With cigarette ashes on top.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

That reminds me of my Denny's story this morning. I drove to the Denny's that's near my house after having a job interview a few miles in the other direction. I get up to the entrance and there's a mad long line. I get in line and the dudes in front of me decide to get rain checks. I decide to wait to be seated.

I sit down and there's a group of (I believe) high school kids who are sitting talking about all kinds of stuff. I stood up once to ensure that I heard my name called and the tall red haired guy goes, "Dude, just sit down." I did. A few minutes later, someone moves from the counter and the same guy goes, "just go sit there." Since an employee also suggested that I sit at the counter if there's a spot available, I jumped up and grabbed the spot there.

I normally don't like pancakes. I much prefer waffles to pancakes, but I definitely ate pancakes today. Anyway, the high schoolers saw a table open up and they were all over it. When I finished my meal, I waved at the red haired guy and then went back to my car.

Knowing me, I won't be hungry again until like 8 p.m. since I ate breakfast at nearly noon.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Waiting in line for a Grand Slam Breakfast. We've become Russia.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

What a country!

7. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

I thought about stopping on my way home from hockey practice this morning since the Denny's is on the way home.

I saw the line out the door and wrapped around the corner of my building and passed. No sense hardening the arteries and freezing my ass off just to do so.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Oh, man. I forgot.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You know, instead of giving every Tom Dick and Harry a free breakfast, they could have started up their own charity to feed the homeless across the country because over the next year or so, there'll be quite a few of us them

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

But there's no possible monetary reward for that, JR.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I'm genuinely curious. Did the Denny's offer apply to non-whites also?

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

This is no reflection on Denny's, but if you offered Americans free laminated dog shit or cow chips, there'd be a line around the block to get them...

Draft saved Draft deleted