1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So, who won: the NBA, or Shaq?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by daemon, Jun 12, 2006.

1. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

Was the it worth the $10,000 fine he'll pay for Shaquille O'Neal to avoid meeting the press after his five-point performance in Game Two?

If you are Shaq, would you do it again?

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

And if your Pat Riley why would you play Shaq only 28 minutes?

3. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

was he in foul trouble? i missed the game, but heard he only took seven shots.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

$10K to Shaq is like $2 to you and me.

And he finished with five fouls, but Riley benched him for the last quarter. They were getting their asses kicked by 27 -- why risk injury on top of insult?

5. Canyonero!

Canyonero! Member

Has anyone here ever covered Shaq? You'll hear about how great he is to work witih on some outlets, but then he'll do this sorta thing when the game doesn't go his way. And of course there was the "don't ask stupid questions" he laid on that girl who asked about Ben Wallace's (CLEAN) block on him in Game 5.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

According to the box score I saw, Shaq finished with 1 persoal foul.
    He also sat the last 15½ minutes of the game after the Heat were down 25.

He took five shots, he was fouled 4 times...that's not a lot of offensive opportuniies. Maybe, just maybe, the Mavs' double-teams and cutting off the entry pass kep him from getting the ball.

7. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

One thing has bothered me about Shaq from observing him during this year's playoffs: he just doesn't seem to care at all. I know a lot of athletes kind of carry that "too-cool" demeanor on the court, but I swear he just doesn't seem into the game at all. Duncan gets a lot of attention for being so unemotional on the court, but when something deserves a fist pump or a "Fuck Yeah!" you'll see him doing it.

I haven't seen O'Neal react emotionally to anything good, or bad, at all.

I remember watching the Lakers-Pistons series a few years back and wondering why the ball didn't go to Shaq on every play, why he didn't just dominate games. There should be no way to stop him.

Back then, I blamed the Lakers. Now, I wonder if it really is Shaq.

8. House

House Guest

Shaq brings shame to the name Superman.

Draft saved Draft deleted