1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So, who wants Tomlinson?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, Jan 22, 2009.

1. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Yeah, I don't see how almost 16,000 total yards and top five in TDs doesn't get him in. And he "hit the wall" this year with more than 1,500 total yards and 12 TDs.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Yes. He is a cinch.

3. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

So, let me get this straight ... the guy has started at least 15 games every season, but now he's going to fall off the map because he had a groin injury in the playoffs (and a few other nagging injuries, granted)? It's certainly possible, given the nature of NFL RBs, but that's a bit of a leap.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

His age in addition to the injuries last January, in September and this January, all pretty significant.... yes, I put the over-under as 150 touches this season.

5. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Except he had almost twice that this year, as well as more than 50 receptions. Like I said, it's possible, but I'm not buying that.

6. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Please, Simon, tell me how a running back ranked second in rushing touchdowns, fourth in rushing/receiving touchdowns and 14th in rushing yardage (assuming he never plays another down in his career) doesn't make it.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

He's already taken it back, twice. He was wr-wr-wr-wr-wrong. [/fonzie]

Draft saved Draft deleted