1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So who gets fired first?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by lono, Dec 31, 2006.

1. lono

lono Active Member

Which woefully underachieving coach will lose his job first?

Jim Mora? Denny Green? Art Shell? Jon Gruden? Someone else?

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Gruden is supposedly safe.

I don't see how Mora survives past 9 am today. Happy New Year!!!!

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Mora, Green and Shell are toast. Cowher walks away. Gruden and Coughlin are safe for now.
    Tuna can't make up his mind.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

The only reason Coughlin is still safe is the Giants have a game next weekend.

He's still toast unless the Giants pull a 1999 Mets and race to the NFC title game. Somehow, I don't see it happening.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Sorry, BYH.. somone who would know told me that 3 different people in the organzation told him Coughlin was safe as long as they beat the Redskins and made the playoffs.

Only a total lie-down-like-dogs debacle against the Eags (like 40-0) would change that

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

So what coach will Vick suck for next year?

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

And you know there's a pretty good chance of that happening.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

If Mora isn't the first one fired, that would be a major upset here.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

What happens if Parcells becomes available?

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

If Shell stays, its so Al Davis can give a big Fuck You to Adam Schefter, which isn't a badthing

11. prhack

prhack Member

As a bitter Falcons fan (is there any other kind), I'm pretty interested to know which team Mora will suck for next year. Plenty of blame to go around in this train wreck (and yes, Vick bears a great deal), but there's no doubt Jimmy Boy was the architect of this disaster. Still think he has the potential to be a decent coach, but he's going to have to learn that buddying-up to players, constantly sticking his foot in his mouth in the media and refusing to abandon his sinking ship of an offensive coordinator due to their prior friendship isn't exactly a recipe for long-term success.

12. Chef

Chef Active Member

Bring back Glanville!

Draft saved Draft deleted