1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So this is how you get upgraded

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Birdscribe, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Hoarding frequent flier miles, angling for last-minute upgrades. And to think, all these years, I've been going about this wrong.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17683917/?GT1=9145

The strange thing is I know of two people this has happened to: a buddy of mine and my boss. :eek:

2. markvid

markvid Guest

A friend of mine once lost her seat on Northwest because of a coffin that was being shipped kicked the weight limitations into effect.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Not to threadjack, but did you catch one of the related stories?

SALT LAKE CITY - SkyWest Airlines apologized to a passenger who said he wasn't allowed to use the restroom during a one-hour flight and ended up urinating in an air-sickness bag.

James Whipple said he had two "really big beers" at the Boise, Idaho airport. While on a flight to Salt Lake City on March 7 he wanted to use the cabin restroom.

The captain had declared it off-limits during the short flight because a light wasn't working.

Whipple said he had used the cabin restroom before the plane departed but had to go again and finally reached for the air-sickness bag.

"It was like I had no choice," Whipple told The Salt Lake Tribune, which posted the story on its Web site Friday.

No other passengers noticed Whipple using the bag, but a flight attendant asked him about it and told the captain, who called airport police.

Daily Travel Blog
    Daily postings from ‘the
    last honest travel site’

Whipple was questioned and took a taxi home to Sandy, a Salt Lake City suburb.

The airline sent him a letter of apology and a flight voucher, SkyWest spokeswoman Sabrena Suite-Mangum said Friday.

She said SkyWest decided to go ahead with the flight and get the light fixed in Salt Lake City, rather than delaying it or canceling it for repairs.

"For such a short flight, we really felt we were trying to inconvenience the least number of passengers possible by operating that flight," Suite-Mangum said.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Two thoughts:

I'd rather sit next to a dead woman than Liza Minelli.

Imagine if the bathroom guy had eaten too many yogurt pretzels and had to go.

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Who knew flight crews were trained in how to handle this situation? ;D
    But what would have happened if there were no empty seats to move the body to?

6. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

How quickly does rigor mortis set in? They might've had a hell of a time getting her out of that seat by the time the plane landed if it doesn't take that long.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

They could have just inflated the emergency slide and dropped her bones down that way.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If you are stuck in coach, would it be rude to ask if you can have the deceased's free champagne, since she won't be needing it?

9. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Dang, I thought this thread was going to be about Upgraydd.

Draft saved Draft deleted