1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So, The Leftovers on HBO

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Jun 29, 2014.

1. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I'm still watching. Incredibly well-acted. Interested to see how this all plays out.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Sounds like I should try and get back into watching this show. I completely forgot it was coming back, and then TWD started.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

It's worth it just for the demented theme song the show switched to.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Reverend Matt might be the most annoying character on TV.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

That Carrie Coon/Regina King scene this week ... just tremendous acting.

HC likes this.
  6. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Just got around to watching last week's......episodes of this show that revolve around Nora tend to be so much better than ones that don't. Carrie Coons was outstanding in this one

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I was going to be perfectly content skipping this show this season and now you guys are making me consider having to catch up on six episodes -- seven after tonight.

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Just watched last night's episode. Damn.

9. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Never saw that ending coming. (Spoilers) The old man emptying the syringe and doing his Private Pyle imitation left me speechless. Love to know how it ends, but I'm sure we'll get a ex-wife/Tommy centered episode next week.

10. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Well, I couldn't have been more wrong on my expectations for last night's episode. I'm pleased we got the resolution of Kevin crawling out of the grave without having to wait another week or more. I really question, though, if that purgatory sequence needed to be an entire episode when there's only nine others in the season. From the previews, it looks like there's a lot that's going to be covered over the final two.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

That was a pretty incredible hour of television. Glad I stuck with this show.

12. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Won't spoil anything for West Coast or DVR viewers, but the finale gets two thumbs up for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted