1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So should this person have fried?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ScribePharisee, Oct 24, 2008.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Retarded Joshua was SOOO retarded...

[​IMG]

2. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

3. ScribePharisee

He's offering the excuse of being retarded. So if retarded people aren't at fault for their actions, then they should all be locked up for their protection and ours. After all, they have an alibi.

It can't be a double-standard. Dangerous is dangerous. Murder is murder.

REALITY CHECK: A substantially large number of retarded humans have never committed a murder nor ate human brains and will never do so.

4. People who are "accused" are clearly "up to something worthy of that"?

Holy shit. That's really what you just said.

5. My favorite argument on this board is the one about the other countries that still have the death penalty. How embarrassing.

Our entire criminal justice system needs to be blown up and started over. It's a disaster, and capital punishment lies at the heart of it all. I'm just not sure if it's the symptom or a cause.

6. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

What are you even talking about?

7. ScribePharisee

Waylon, you're not in any way close to Charlie Daniels.

Our criminal justice system's biggest problem is plea bargains, cash justice and inconsistent sentences. And the fact that places like Alabama where they reinstituted chain gangs are seen as barbaric - that cable television, free and unlimited health and dental care should be a guarantee when the average victim doesn't have any of it.

8. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Criminal justice is neither horseshoes nor hand grenades. Having done one thing wrong does not make one criminally liable for other crimes that one did not commit.

What Constitution did you learn about? Because I'm convinced you live in some sort of parallel universe.

The mob justice mentality that is espoused by so many people here and in the world in general is sickening. As I said in the anchorwoman thread, there is no percentage of innocent people executed, other than 0, that is low enough.

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Plea bargaining is a necessary evil. Without it, the courts would be backed up even more than they already are.
    And somehow I tend to think anybody feels inmates have it good have never done time.

10. ScribePharisee

I'm sorry, but I've seen too many prisoner lawsuits. I served on a jury at Christmas one year and when we were told it was going to pre-empt a trip to my kids grandmas because of the case, I thought it was my duty to serve. Then the idiot who was bringing the jury case, a prisoner who decided not to hire an attorney, withdrew his case. My only jury duty lasted 2 hours and my kids saw gramma. I later found out the prisoner simply wanted to get a day out of jail.

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

So obviously jail can't be too pleasant an experience if he wanted to get out of there for a day.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Life as an inmate, sp, would be hell on Earth. Don't think differently.

Draft saved Draft deleted