1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So much for the Seabags

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

URGENT
    Alexander out with cracked bone in foot
    Eds: Will be UPDATED
    KIRKLAND, Wash. (AP) — League MVP Shaun Alexander cracked a bone in his sore left foot and will be lost to the Seattle Seahawks for at least a couple of weeks.
    Alexander has had soreness and a bone bruise in his left foot since the season opener at Detroit. Coach Mike Holmgren said Monday that Alexander cracked a bone sometime during Sunday’s 42-30 win over the New York Giants. Holmgren said the bruise in Alexander’s foot led to the crack and Alexander was walking around team headquarters Monday on crutches.
    “You lose the MVP for a while, it’s a hit,” Holmgren said. “Let’s face it, he’s the MVP. We’re not going to sugarcoat it.”
    Alexander has started 69 of the last 70 games for the Seahawks, but has yet to rush for more than 100 yards this season. He had just 47 yards on 20 carries on Sunday, and didn’t play in the fourth quarter.
    Last season, Alexander rushed for 1,880 yards and 27 touchdowns. Maurice Morris will start for Alexander when the Seahawks face Chicago next Sunday night.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Urgent? This moved on our wire 2 1/2 hours ago.

And someone else posted it somewhere else (forgive me, I read too many threads) about two hours ago.

EDIT: never mind, I found it, d_b. :)

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/32238/

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Just in time for the Bears match-up. And I didn't pick Alexander in any fantasy leagues.

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

The Madden curse strikes again!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted