1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So much for the Bush legacy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cranberry, Dec 14, 2006.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Perhaps the most interesting part of that is Carter coming in at 38 percent favorable.

What a turnaround.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't see how anyone could say that W or Jimmy Carter were/are above averge presidents.

You may like either personally but still ...

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Exactly.

Even as a person who thinks Carter got a bum rap on a lot of things, you'd have to put him in the average-to-below-average group, right?

And then in the top five of alltime ex-presidents.

That doesn't seem too bad a deal to me.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Interesting thing about the polarity between the parties that still exists. Republicans asked have all four of their president's ranked ahead of Dems, with Clinton last.

Democrats think of Carter as being better than Reagan.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Interesting numbers, although as a Democrat I'll be honest and say there's no way I put Carter above Reagan. As much as I disliked him, Reagan was good for a lot of Americans and his timing was perfect.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Oh, I'm sure. I would do the same.

My question would be, is this how people are actually thinking, or have the divisive politics between the two parties caused this type of attitude? I get the feeling if this had been done during Clinton's administration, it would have turned out differently because the party lines are now so set there is a "with us or against us" attitude that's trickled down to the rank and file.

See also: Any political thread involving F_B, Old Tony, Hondo et al.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Totally agree on that one GB.

In fact, I wonder if the next major "war" in the U.S. is going to be over political divisiness.

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

With as far as its gone to this point, it's going to take a lot to bring it back.

As an issue, it isn't really on the precepice anymore. More like broken in 1,000 pieces at the bottom of the cliff.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If another civil war breaks out, my ass is heading north.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I'm not necessarily suggesting a possible civil war, as such, but considering how polarized people have become, you wonder how it will play out.

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

With the proliferation of fully armed Wal-Mart's south of the Mason-Dixon, guess who my money's on?

;D

Draft saved Draft deleted